[Sayma-Discuss] Correction to description of workshop #10 “What can we do to end mass incarceration?”

Bert Skellie bertskellie at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 17:36:05 EDT 2017

Dear Friends,

Here's what I thought I submitted for workshop #10 Friday worshop at Yearly
Meeting on June 16, in case the wording in the program is not clear:

Title: “What can we do to end mass incarceration?”

Brief description of workshop:
Hear about Atlanta’s End New Jim Crow Action Group and others who are
working to end the racist “justice” system known as “The New Jim Crow.”
Share your dreams and experience with actions such as education, service,
damage mitigation, reform, and movement-building. Query: How do we get to
“healing justice”?

Peace,

Bert

*"We who believe in freedom cannot rest, We who believe in freedom cannot
rest until it comes*
*Until the killing of Black men, Black mothers’ sons, Is as important as
the killing of White men, White mothers’ sons" (Refrain & First Verse of
"Ellas's Song")*