[Sayma-Discuss] Why the lack of Indian and African faces in Dunkirk matters | Sunny Singh | Opinion | The Guardian

Free Polazzo freepolazzo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 21:44:11 EDT 2017

Dear Friends,

Chuck Fager, Quaker author and activist came to SAYMA for many years to lead
workshops for Friends.  One of his more memorable workshops was a passionate
plea that Friends learn more about war if we truly expected to help end "the
occasion for war" . . .     This meant learning more about our military,
something he had to do as the Director of Quaker House in Fayetteville for
many years.    This post is dedicated to Chuck and his lessons that asked us
to think outside the "box".

One aspect of keeping the war machine humming is to be aware of who tells
the stories about war and what is NOT said about that terrible human
activity.    Here is a link to an article about the new movie "Dunkirk" by
Sunny Singh, a British based writer whom The Guardian newspaper published in
their opinion section on line entitled : :Why the lack of Indian and African
faces in Dunkirk matters."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/01/indian-african-dunkirk
-history-whitewash-attitudes?CMP=fb_gu

-- Free

Douglasville, GA

Cell - 770-778-8507

"No one can be free unless everyone can be free"

PS: Chuck writes at his blog:  http://afriendlyletter.com/