[Sayma-Discuss] Quaker Universalist Conversations - "Who is my neighbor?" by Ellie Beach

Mike Shell bright_crow at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 9 09:56:29 EST 2017

Friends,

Excerpts from "Who is my neighbor?" by Ellie Beach in the January 2017
Friends Journal: https://universalistfriends.org/weblog/who-is-my-neighbor.

Perhaps I should ask myself as well: Who is outside my borders of respect?
Apparently, the 2016 U.S. election tapped into the pain of people I don't
know-non-college-educated white men; people whose livelihoods in
manufacturing, agriculture, natural resources, and carbon energy are
diminished by globalization and concerns for climate.. Have I been as good a
neighbor to them as I have to Muslims, LGBTQ folks, Hispanic and African
Americans?

Blessings,

Mike

Michael Austin Shell