[Sayma-Discuss] AFSC sent notice that Registration for overnight guests closes in 2 days!

Charles Schade c.vmbra at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 18:56:56 EDT 2017

I received the promo directly from the AFSC.  Very disappointing, but
consisten with most of AFSC's recent public utterances, which emphasize
lofty ideas without specifics.  See
https://www.afsc.org/summit?emci=22476e31-2908-e711-80c3-000d3a1046d2
<https://www.afsc.org/summit?emci=22476e31-2908-e711-80c3-000d3a1046d2&emdi=
95a16cdb-2b08-e711-80c3-000d3a1046d2>
&emdi=95a16cdb-2b08-e711-80c3-000d3a1046d2

There is no specific agenda that I could find. Only vague allusions to peace
and justice.  I'm for both.  But I need a concrete program.  I don't need
feel-good websites.

Currently I'm scheduled to go to the "March for Science" in Washington DC
that weekend.  See https://www.marchforscience.com/event-details/.  But if
they don't get a lot more specific, I'll stay home from that, too.

Kindly tell the powers that be that maybe they could be more forthcoming.
What actually is happening?  What would Friends learn that would justify
spending $500 or more for travel and meals to Phila for a weekend?

Thanks,

cps

  _____