[Sayma-Discuss] FW: The Empty Path | Curing and healing

bright_crow at mindspring.com bright_crow at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 3 11:25:01 EST 2018

If you wish to receive automated email notices of new posts on The Empty
Path <https://emptypath.net/> , use the Subscribe feature on the right
sidebar.

Friends,

I've just published a new post on The Empty Path:
https://emptypath.net/2018/12/03/healing/.

Curing and healing

We tend to use the terms "curing" and "healing" as if they were synonymous,
especially in our world of empirical science-based medicine. Nonetheless, in
the language of sacred storytelling, the two operate in wholly different
realms.

Curing means "fixing." It belongs to the world of things that can be owned
and controlled, from bodies to nations. One studies the dynamics of cause
and effect, applies pressures, and hopes to assert enough power to "make it
right." Curing is in a sense adversarial. It depends upon identifying
opposing forces and besting them.

Healing is something else altogether. It belongs to the world of people, to
the realm of sharing and living free.

Read more <https://emptypath.net/2018/12/03/healing/> ..

Blessings,

Mike Shell

The Empty Path <https://emptypath.net/>

Nonaligned faith and practice in the present

bright_crow at mindspring.com <mailto:bright_crow at mindspring.com>

9904-673-2496