[Sayma-Discuss] Quaker Universalist Fellowship | "33 Years of Resistance"

Mike Shell bright_crow at mindspring.com
Thu May 17 10:42:37 EDT 2018

Friends,

Minga Claggett-Borne has given us permission to republish this April 16th post from her blog, Pedals and Seeds: Pedaling Quakerism: Challenges in 21st Century:

“33 Years of Resistance” - A post on war tax from Pedals and Seeds

https://universalistfriends.org/weblog/33-years-of-resistance

A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death. — Martin Luther King, Jr.

How can I remove myself from the war economy?  Jesus’ message is to drop the sword and find wholeness. Can I embody Truth — to become a clear bell — to offer concrete love?

I need to take my money out of the US federal bank account. On Tax Day, April 17, 2018, I will not voluntarily pay a nickel for war.

Blessings,

Mike

QUV Logo-signature

Michael Austin Shell