British Leaders Say Prison Doesn't Work

Free Polazzo friendlysystems at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 11 12:56:19 JEST 1998

Hi Friends,

Some interesting news from England about prisons.  As we see a widening gap
between the haves and
have-nots in this country, we see more and more prisons built . . .to no
avail, except to warehouse
"undesirables" or "unnecessary" members of our communities.   Is this is a
concern that SAYMA Friends would be interested in (or are currently) pursuing?

Are there Friends in SAYMA who see prison reform/restorative justice as a
calling?   If so, please e-mail me your interest and any local involvement
you may have.   Please pass this message on to others in SAYMA who may not
be on this list.

We could perhaps support each other, as way opens.  Perhaps an interest
group at Yearly Meeting in 1999 could be organized?   If there is a sizable
enough group that is interested, I would handle the details to make it happen.

Yours In the Light,

Free Polazzo
Anneewakee Creek Worhsip Group

5525 Dorsett Shoals Lane