Fwd: Breast cancer stamp

Michael Shell BrightCrow at InfoAve.Net
Sat Sep 12 17:53:30 JEST 1998

As you may be aware, the U.S. Postal Service  recently released its new
"Fund the Cure" stamp to help fund breast  cancer research. The stamp was
design by Ethel Kessler of Bethesda,  Maryland. It is important that  we
take a stand and show our outrage against this disease that kills and maims
so many of our mothers,  sisters, friends.

Instead of the normal $.32 for a stamp, this one  costs $.40. The additional
$.08 will go to breast cancer research. If all stamps are  sold, it will
raise an additional $16,000,000 for this  vital research. Just as important
as the money is our support. What a  statement it would make  if the stamp
outsold the lottery this week or outsold tickets to Saving Private Ryan this
weekend. What a statement it would make that we  care. I urge each of you to
do two things  TODAY. Not tomorrow ... but today.

 1.   Go out and purchase some of  these stamps.
 2.   E-mail or call your friends to  do the  same.