IMP^o^ 029 Ashev FM FWCC SecAmer Trav$

Mary Calhoun moriah at preferred.com
Mon Dec 13 14:42:33 JEST 1999

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IMP ^o^ Bulletin 029
Proposed Minute on
FWCC/Section of the Americas Travel Money
from Asheville (NC) Monthly Meeting
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(from a 11-29-99 message from Asheville Clerk Marcia Master)

<|>  approved by Asheville Friends Meeting at November Meeting for Business,
11-14-99

<|>  the Meeting asked for forwarding of the minute so it can be considered
by SAYMA and its Monthly Meetings.

"Asheville Friends Meeting, part of the Southern Appalachian Yearly Meeting
of the Religious Society of Friends, has a concern for annual representation
of Latin American Yearly Meetings to Friends World Committee for
Consultation (FWCC) at the Annual Meeting of the Section of the Americas
each March.  We have established a budget line, in addition to our usual
financial support of FWCC, for travel costs of Latin American Yearly Meeting
Representatives to attend the Annual Meeting.  We call on other monthly
meetings and yearly meetings to consider a similar action to reduce
inequities in financial resources and distance between meetings North and
South without compromising the continuation of leadership training among
Latin American Friends."

~~~~~~~end ^o^ ~~~~~~
_____________________________
IMP ^o^ ... "Information Made Present"

is a bulletin service of the SAYMA office to provide practical details to
our geographically-challenged Yearly Meeting via our free list server.
Please address corrections and additions to moriah at preferred.com,
540-628-5852 (machine), or SAYMA Admin. Asst., c/o 165 Jackson Street,
Abingdon, VA 24210.  Thank you! ^o^ Mary Calhoun, AA
To receive IMP^o^ bulletins, subscribe to the free list server,
sayma at kitenet.net; e-mail to sayma-subscribe at kitenet.net and write only the
word       subscribe
in the body of your e-mail message.
IMP ^o^ ... semi-official information, faster than the SAYMA Friend
newsletter can get to you, bulletins that you can print, post, announce,
publish, or pass around.