JYM

Georgi Schmitt justgeorgi at nxs.net
Mon Jun 14 19:11:50 JEST 1999

Some Friends requested a copy of the juggling definition as presented in our Epistle. Juggling was a great part of our weekend and brought many life juggling acts to the awareness of the children and adults involved.  Cliff Honicker our juggling master,
(W Knoxville Monthly Meeting) summarized spiritual juggling in 10 simple attitudes - inspired by the children of JYM 1999,
Juggling is:      1)  one ball at a time                                        6)  total control / total abandon
                      2)  put on a new hat, you can do it!                  7)  master in motion / complete clown
                      3)  playful seriousness                                      8)  a kid's hand, a wizard's heart
                      4)  clear vision /soft focus                                 9)  life is a ball so go get one
                      5)  firm grip / soft grasp                                  10)  now that you have one, go have a ball!!

One last wonderful moment from JYM 1999 ...... after explaining the purpose and construction of an epistle the children took a snack break.  During the break one Friendly presence overheard a conversation between two children.......
        "Yeah, we can't go outside and play because we have to write the 'apostle' ."             Georgi Schmitt