SAYMA / Friendly Woman

Peggy Bonnington bonnipeg at sprynet.com
Tue Jun 15 02:08:50 JEST 1999

Ellen, thanks for taking the responsibility to sharing and passing along
information about this new opportunity for SAYMA women.  I'm entering many
new email addresses to send this, in hopes of gaining a broader base of
interested SAYMA women who might be interested in taking on this challenge.

If we have 8 issues for which we're responsible, I think we might want to
divide them up more specifically than just the three meetings you mentioned.
We are so widespread, which makes an endeavor of this sort the more
challenging.  I'm seeing (possibly) the following as potential issue
originators:  Nashville;   Memphis;  Atlanta;  Asheville / NC area Friends;
some combination of Chattanooga, West Knoxville, Cookeville, Cleveland,
Crossville (Cookeville possibly helping Nashville).  That COULD be a
possible 5 issues, if there are "takers."  The Columbia / SC Friends might
be interested as well (#6), as well as potentially Charleston WV (#7).
Birmingham / Huntsville / Royal is another resource. Tri-Cities and Berea
are also there ~ to work with another meeting or  whatever.  Unfortunately I
lost my main SAYMA email address list when we had our hard drive upgraded,
or I would be able to send this to others (reaching all the meetings) as
well.  I will begin looking for my hard copy of email addresses tomorrow &
replugging it, so we can send this out to all SAYMA areas for feedback.
We'll need all the help we can get.

Like you, I don't feel I can take on the whole thing / major overall
oversight  (general coordinator).  It would be so much easier (with our wide
geography) to work with an area group (monthly meeting or meetings) on one
issue.  I can see a number of things I'd be interested in doing, as long as
someone with more CONSISTENT time (retired?  there ARE some of them) was
providing the consistent day-by-day keeping up / coordinating.

This would be a very big undertaking, but I think we'd stand to gain
immensely  from it / grow with it.  I hope we will be able to find enough of
a support base to be able to accept the challenge.

I've emailed a number of Friends in Nashville meeting, with whom I'd be
working ~ also sent along some word to some Chattanooga Friends.  I don't
have ready access to Charleston or Columbia, both of whom might have a solid
base to pull from for such a project.  I think anyone who knows of other
women in SAYMA who might be interested (or who might not be, but would know
someone else who might be) should email to all.  Anyone who is interested in
ANY capacity should make this known to us very soon.  I don't remember if
you told us a deadline to make our committment, Ellen.  But I'm definitely
willing to take on trying to compile our list of interested women, if I hear
of responses.  And we can begin to finetune our mailing list depending on
who resonds.

Again, thanks for being our prime motivator here.
Love, Peggy