Birmingham Friends Meeting(Quaker) (http://community.al.com/cc/friends)

Peggy Bonnington bonnipeg at sprynet.com
Wed Mar 10 19:56:55 JEST 1999

Hey, I think this looks pretty good for a start-up, don't you, Friends?

            Birmingham Friends Meeting(Quaker)

             QUAKER

            Birmingham Friends Meeting
            (Religious Society of Friends)

            Unprogrammed Metting for Worship, Sun. 10:00 a.m.
            Young Friends First Day School, 10:00 a.m.
            Adult Second Hour Discussion, 11:00 a.m.
            5201 8th Avenue South, Birmingham
            (Girls, Inc.) for more info call:
            529-0570 or 979-7445

            Welcome to Quaker Worship

            As a Religious Society of Friends, we settle into worshipful silence with no planned program. Each worshipper seeks to communicate directly with God and to feel the Divine Presence in our midst. The communion of quiet - transformed into a living silence - draws us nearer to the source of light and love.

            The responsibility for the spiritual depth of the Meeting rests with each attender. Those who keep silent , as well those who give a vocal message, do their part when they yield their minds and hearts to the guidance of the spirit. Lectures, responses to messages and discussions are held at another time.

            Friends hope that in the meeting for worship a consciousness of the Divine Presence will come to every attender, to be a source of direction and of strength after leaving the meeting.

            The meeting is closed by all attenders joining hands in a circle. This will be followed with introductions of newcomers and brief announcements. We then invite you to join us for conversation and refreshments followed by a second hour of discusson.

            Jim Flege
            1828 Cederwood Road
            Vistavia Hills, Al 35216
            Phone: 205-979-7445