[saymaListserv] aa>> AFSC/SERO Reg Dir

Mary Calhoun moriah at preferred.com
Wed Aug 2 21:52:44 JEST 2000

The SAYMA office has received --

Job Announcement
Regional Director, SERO
American Friends Service Committee
AFSC/Southeastern Regional Office
Atlanta, GA

(from a flyer, and a 7-25-00 letter from Frank Cummings, Interim
Regional Director)

"American Friends Service Committee, A Quaker social change and
humanitarian service non-profit organization, seeks a regional
director based in Atlanta, GA.  Responsible for staff supervision,
committee support, $1 million budget, and the management of the
regional office and several other locations in a nine state area.

"Qualifications -- Requires 4 years experience in management and
staff supervision, community organizing, program development,
implementation, and oversight, and a strong commitment to
nonviolence.

"We seek candidates who are committed to the Quaker values on
which AFSC is based and who have experience in working in a
diverse organization with a strong affirmative action program.
Quakers are particularly encouraged to apply.

"SERO is mid-way in a process of strategic planning and rebuilding,
taking into account the concerns and suggestions shared with us by
monthly meetings over the last several years.  As I have talked with
people at the yearly meeting gatherings I have attended so far, I see
real opportunities for a closer supportive relation between SERO and
the over 180 monthly meetings in the SERO.  We are looking for a
regional director who shares the vision that is developing among staff
and the may volunteers who serve on SERO committees.

"Please send resume and cover letter by September 1, 2000, to --
    Regional Director Search Committee
    c/o AFSC
    92 Piedmont Avenue NE
    Atlanta GA 30303

"A full job description is available on the AFSC web site
    www.afsc.org,
    or call 404-586-0460 ext 11

"American Friends Service Committee is an affirmative action/equal
opportunity employer.  Women, People of Color, people with
disabilities, lesbian, gay, and bisexual people are encouraged to
apply."

~~~end~~~