[saymaListserv] IMP^o^ 072 kitenet: who? how?

Mary Calhoun moriah at preferred.com
Thu Aug 3 17:51:10 JEST 2000

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IMP ^o^ Bulletin 072
sayma at kitenet.net ...
... a point of clarification
who can subscribe, & how
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(from Mary Calhoun, Administrative Assistant)

<|>  Since April, a number of SAYMA f/Friends have said "please add me to the list" (our sayma at kitenet.net e-mail list-server).

<|>  While there might be reasons for the SAYMA office to get involved with somebody's subscribing, it's certainly not required.

<|>  The point of clarification is --
            -- some list-servers have a "gatekeeper" who approves or
                denies subscription requests
            -- sayma at kitenet.net has no gatekeeper

<|>  Anyone who wants to can subscribe to the SAYMA list-server.
            (Instructions below)

<|>  If you can't make the instructions work, or are just plain overwhelmed by the thought of trying, I'll be glad to help.

<|>  The guiding idea here is "From each according to their ability, to each according to their need."

~~~~~~~end ^o^ ~~~ 1stpostdate 080300 ~~~~~~~

IMP ^o^ ... "Information Made Present"

is a bulletin service of the SAYMA office to provide practical details
to our geographically-challenged Yearly Meeting via our free
list-server:  semi-official information, bulletins that you can print,
post, announce, publish, or pass around.  Please address questions,
corrections and additions to moriah at preferred.com,
540-628-5852 (machine), or SAYMA Admin. Asst., c/o 165 Jackson
Street, Abingdon, VA 24210.  Thank you!  ^o^ Mary Calhoun, AA