[saymaListserv] IMP^o^ 076 Fall Rep Meeting

Mary Calhoun moriah at preferred.com
Tue Aug 22 09:05:54 JEST 2000

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IMP ^o^ Bulletin 076
SAYMA Representative Meeting #97, Fall
September 16, 2000
Nashville, TN
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<|>  SAYMA Representative Meeting #97, Fall 2000 will be held on
Saturday, September 16, hosted by the Nashville (TN) Friends Meeting.

<|>  Registration packets will be mailed soon to f/Friends recorded in
the SAYMA office as --
        -- clerks of their meetings or worship groups
        -- SAYMA representatives
        -- clerks of committees
        -- members of Ministry & Nurture and
               Yearly Meeting Planning Committees

<|>  Others in need of registering may contact their Clerk, or visit our
new web-site www.sayma.org.  Several people may register on the same
form.

<|>  "Representative Meeting carries out the ongoing work of the
yearly meeting and acts in the name of the yearly meeting between
sessions."  (A Guide to Our Faith and Our Practice)

<|>  Each Meeting and Worship Group is encouraged to send a
representative.  These f/Friends serve as important channels of two-way
communication between SAYMA and their local meetings.

<|>  Any f/Friend may attend and participate; those gathered
represent the Yearly Meeting.  Attending without "official" duties is a
delightful opportunity for fellowship and participating in Quaker
process!

<|>  Winter Rep Meeting is scheduled for December 2, 2000,
tentatively hosted by West Knoxville Friends Meeting.  Please note! --
Winter Rep Meetings have been rescheduled, out of the January snow!!

<|>  Spring Rep Meeting is set for April 21, 2001,  in
Chattanooga or Atlanta.

<|>  The Yearly Meeting gathering will take place, if all goes well,
June 14-17, 2001, at Shorter College in Rome, GA.

~~~~~~ end ^o^ ~~~~~~ postdate 082200 ~~~~~~

IMP ^o^ ... "Information Made Present"

is a bulletin service of the SAYMA office to provide practical details
to our geographically-challenged Yearly Meeting via our free
list-server:  semi-official information, bulletins that you can print,
post, announce, publish, or pass around.  Please address questions,
corrections and additions to moriah at preferred.com,
540-628-5852 (machine), or SAYMA Admin. Asst., c/o 165 Jackson
Street, Abingdon, VA 24210.  Thank you!  ^o^ Mary Calhoun, AA