Fwd: FCNL: INFO LINE

courtney siceloff csiceloff at mindspring.com
Sun Feb 13 00:15:28 JEST 2000

GREETINGS:
Many Friends have been following the case of Randy Reeves who was sentenced
to death for killing two women in the Central City, Nebraska Meeting
house.  Randy, a Native American, was raised by a Quaker family.  For
Quakers, and especially for those who oppose the death penalty, this case
has taken on special interest.  The father of one of the victims, and many
in the Meeting have worked toward reversing the death penalty for
Randy.  The case also illustrates the importance of having a competent
defense counsel and community support, often lacking in capital cases of
indigent, and frequently, persons of color.
courtney siceloff