Clerking Workshop at Atlanta Meeting 2/12/2000

William Wyatt Holland wwholland at mindspring.com
Fri Jan 14 19:16:05 JEST 2000

SAYMA Friends are invited to attend a workshop

Here's the notice about the workshop:
Clerking with Joy and Confidence

One day workshop
Saturday, February 12, 2000 9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
Atlanta Friends Meeting
Facilitated by Mary Ann Downey

Would you like to identify and practice the skills that it takes to be
clerk of a committee, a Meeting or any group using Quaker based consensus?
Would you like to accept this challenge with joy and confidence or learn
how to support the person clerks?  Using discussion, workbook, small groups
and practical exercises we'll help you prepare for a clerking assignment
now or in the future.

Agenda includes:
   Keeping the Spirit Present
   Role of clerk: Gifts and Alligators
   Preparation:  Agendas and Timing
   Dealing with Dissent: Difficult Issues
   Recording Decisions: Follow-up

TO REGISTER: Contact Mary Ann Downey at madowney at mindspring.com or call
404-892-2358.

Mary Ann Downey

I'm a member of the Atlanta Friends Meeting, SAYMA Yearly Meeting and have
served the meeting in many clerking roles, including meeting clerk. I've
also served AFSC and FGC as a committee clerk and teach workshops on
clerking and Friends process in my monthly and yearly meeting, and at FGC.