[saymaListserv] Request for information

Free Polazzo freepolazzo at mindspring.com
Sun Jun 4 21:23:55 JEST 2000

I'm sorry to hear that business meeting will have "less time" and that more
was added to workshops.

The reason for having Yearly  Meeting is the business, after all.  The rest
is "extra".

Interesting how we spent many years trying to figure out how to put more
time into business, especially to remove pressure from the clerk and others
setting the agenda.      There also needs to be "extra" or "open" time in
any agenda to allow for the Spirit to move during any meeting.    This is
especially true at SAYMA Yearly Meeting, where we only meet as a body, once
a year.

Does anyone involved in the decision have any idea why the wider quaker
groups' time was deemed worthy of cutting?

Free Polazzo
Douglasville, Georgia