[saymaListserv] Wider Quaker Organizations

M. C. Mykel mmykel at mindspring.com
Mon Jun 5 23:15:49 JEST 2000

    Back in the 1970s the Wider Quaker Organizations were usually given a limited time (five or ten minutes)to make their presentations.  Unfortunately, once a representative got the floor he or she would often go on and on for twenty or thirty minutes and they rest of us, being nice polite Quakers, would sit there in distress watching our schedule fall apart.  Business Meeting would then be extended and the rest of the program was sacrificed.
    I often wonder if we would support any of these groups if they didn't have the "F" word in their title?
    Mike Mykel
    Atlanta Monthly Meeting