IMP^o^051 Chatt AFSC Minute

Mary Calhoun moriah at preferred.com
Fri Mar 24 17:44:03 JEST 2000

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IMP ^o^ Bulletin 051
Proposed Minute for SAYMA
Regarding Contributions to AFSC
from Chattanooga (TN) Monthly Meeting
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(from a 3-24-00 message from Penny Wright, SAYMA Clerk)

<|>  approved by Chattanooga Friends Meeting at Meeting for Business,
6-6-99

<|>  The Meeting asked that the proposed minute be brought to the
attention of SAYMA, and of other Monthly Meetings and Worship Groups.

<|>  "In Monthly Meeting for Business on sixth day of sixth month 1999
Chattanooga Friends Meeting approved the following proposal of a Minute
for SAYMA:

<|>  'Friends have considered Bill Holland's resignation and AFSC's
actions that led up to it. We do not know everything about the matter so
we seek clarification. We are so serious in our concern that we wish to
withhold our $100 annual contribution to AFSC until the matter is
clarified.  Chattanooga Friends Meeting further proposes that SAYMA
consider adopting the following minute:

<|>  In light of the serious indicators that the American
        Friends Service Committee has drifted away from
        Quaker principles in its internal operations, we will
        withhold financial contributions to AFSC until it has
        become fully clear to us that AFSC's internal
        operating processes are compatible with
        Spirit-led Quaker principles.' "

~~~~~~~end ^o^ ~~~~~~
IMP ^o^ ... "Information Made Present"

is a bulletin service of the SAYMA office to provide practical details
our geographically-challenged Yearly Meeting via our free list server.
Please address corrections and additions to moriah at preferred.com,
540-628-5852 (machine), or SAYMA Admin. Asst., c/o 165 Jackson Street,
Abingdon, VA 24210.  Thank you! ^o^ Mary Calhoun, AA
To receive IMP^o^ bulletins, subscribe to the free list server,
sayma at kitenet.net; e-mail to sayma-subscribe at kitenet.net and write only
the word       subscribe         in the body of your e-mail message.