IMP^o^051 Chatt AFSC Minute

Larry Ingle lingle at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 27 11:16:14 JEST 2000

I want to emphasize that I am not angry and hold no antimosity toward those
with views different from mine regarding AFSC; years ago, I joined the SERO
Executive Committee because, like Gerald Rudolph, I enthusiastically
supported what I knew of AFSC.  My experiences with the organization and the
depth of my committment to Friends and our history led me to be convinced
that AFSC has strayed far from the course it originally had.

At the national level--and that ultimately is the only level that matters,
given AFSC's structure--it is controlled by a group of Friends and their
allies who are oblivious to what the "provincials" out in the countryside
think or believe.

This is all the more reason why we provincials must insist on accountability
and hold AFSC to the strictest Quaker standards, both in process and
programming.

Larry Ingle