IMP^o^051 Chatt AFSC Minute

Peggy Bonnington bonnipeg at sprynet.com
Tue Mar 28 23:45:58 JEST 2000

Friends, cannot we have a little silence in which to weigh our concerns?  If
we met in gathering other than virtual, a Friend by now would have so
requested, I feel certain.  The heat arising in email is disturbing in that
I feel it brings us into the approach to yearly meeting gathering already
vested in controversy.  Also, I personaly feel very uncomfortable when good
Quakers begin throwing around verbage about who's the bigger and better
Quaker, who's unQuakerly, who's "posturing" or whatever.  Perhaps that is
because I am of the smaller and not-so-model variety myself.

I value open and honest dialogue, as anyone who knows me would recognize and
verify.  But I would seek more tempering of the Spirit that prevails in this
discussion  that we may recognize the Light and Love by which we wish to be
led.  Let the words we "speak" through our emails be weighed with concern
that true principle and truth rather than reaction be our guide.

In love,
Peggy Bonnington