IMP^o^051 Chatt AFSC Minute

Larry Ingle lingle at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 30 05:29:11 JEST 2000

I'm not sure that I wish to carry on this conversation, for it is clear to
me at least that we are not getting anywhere.  Instead of speaking plainly,
which, I remind readers, he pled for up front, Gerald Rudolph wants to
quibble over language and process:  do I have problems with talking about
FCNl (no, if that's the topic, which it wasn't and isn't), why do I talk
about AFSC "posturing as a Quaker organization" (because that's what it is;
how else can I speak plainly without speaking plainly?)?

The fact is that for many Quakers, be they Evangelical, Conservative,
FUM-ers, and increasingly "liberal" ones, AFSC is simply off the radar
scope, doing little but trying to mount "1000 meetings in 100 days" and
failing even at that.  No wonder it gets most of its funding and its staff
from others!

When Gerald Rudolph presents some relevant points, plainly spoken as per his
own request, and some specific examples, then we'll continue.

Larry Ingle
Chattanooga Meeting