[saymaListserv] last call <fwd>

Nancy M. Whitt nmwhitt at samford.edu
Tue May 9 08:48:31 JEST 2000

--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 00:00:35 +0000
From: "Marcia L. Mason" <mmason at together.net>
Subject: last call
Sender: "Marcia L. Mason" <mmason at together.net>
To: "Nancy M. Whitt" <nmwhitt at samford.edu>

Hi Nancy,
Thought the Friendly Nuisances might know some Friends who would be
interested in going to the FGC Gathering and could use some financial
assistance.
Marcia
-----------------
Subject:  Gathering Financial Aid still available
    Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 11:57:21 -0400
   From:  Liz Perch <lizp at fgcquaker.org>

Dear Friends,

Next Friday, May 12, is the announced postmark deadline for requests for

scholarship assistance for the FGC Gathering.  At this time, we have
over $18,000 of assistance still available.  $7200 is matching funds for

First Time attenders who receive grants from their monthly or yearly
meetings.  $11,000 in General scholarship funds is available to all
attenders.  We also still have numerous workgrant positions in Junior
Gathering and a few positions for others wishing to receive fee waivers
for assisting.

Perhaps a member of your meeting is thinking about coming to the
Gathering but hesitating because of financial issues.  Please let them
know that FGC is eager to help with the cost of attending, but the
deadline is fast approaching.

Friends are asked to carefully consider how much assistance is needed
and make requests early.  All scholarship requests must be accompanied
by completed registration forms.  If you have requested matching funds
from your monthly or yearly meeting, attach a note letting us know what
you expect to receive.  Requests will be met to the limit of our
resources on a first come, first served basis.  We cannot reserve
scholarship funds before a registration form is received.

Complete Gathering information and downloadable registration forms are
available at our website at www.fgcquaker.org/gathering

If anyone has questions, please ask them to contact me.

LIZ

--- End Forwarded Message ---

Nancy M. Whitt
Professor of English