[saymaListserv] SAYMA ECN

Kim Carlyle kcarlyle at juno.com
Fri May 12 10:34:40 JEST 2000

Hello Friends,

At the January SAYMA Representatives Meeting in Atlanta, several Friends
met to discuss a framework for Friends to work together on earth
stewardship concerns. What came out of that discussion was "SAYMA
Ecological Concerns Network." The defining statements are included below.

We are inviting Friends to join our efforts. Our initial meeting is
scheduled for Thursday, June 8, at 3:10pm at SAYMA Gathering. (We'll also
have a briefing session after Friday supper for those unable to attend on
Thursday.) Please share this announcement with other Friends in your
Monthly Meeting or Worship Group. For more information, please contact:

Kathy Johnson (Atlanta MM)
Kathybjohnson at mindspring.com
404/577-1498
     or
Kim Carlyle(Asheville MM)
kcarlyle at juno.com
828/626-2572

SAYMA Ecological Concerns Network

  MISSION STATEMENT

SAYMA Ecological Concerns Network will provide assistance, including
spiritual and consultative support, to Friends in Yearly Meeting who are
following their leadings to work on ecological concerns. It  will also
work to raise the level of awareness among SAYMA Friends of ecological
concerns.

  STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

  1. To serve as a source of spiritual and moral support for Friends
engaged in actively seeking the healing of the Earth.

  2. To enable Friends in small meetings / worships groups (not large
enough  to support their own committees) to join in efforts and to share
with other SAYMA Friends.

  3. To serve as the hub of a network to share news of  local
achievements.  Just  knowing that other Friends in the region are active
on environmental issues will encourage our work.

  4. To interact with Wider Quaker Organizations such as Friends
Committee on National Legislation, Friends Committee on Unity with
Nature, and  Quaker Eco-Witness.

  5. To provide educational programs, forums, workshops to Monthly
Meetings and at Yearly Gathering.

  6. To collaborate on Yearly Meeting workshops, presentations, and
displays.

  7. Provide a resource list of ecologically concerned SAYMA Friends
including name, interest areas, affiliations, etc.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.