[saymaListserv] IMP^o^ 062 Photos! for Banner!

Mary Calhoun moriah at preferred.com
Sun May 14 12:56:32 JEST 2000

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IMP ^o^ Bulletin 062
Proposed Banner for
FWCC Triennial, July 2000
Photos wanted by June 8th
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(from 4-8-00 proposal by Barbara Esther, Asheville FM, FWCC Rep)

<|>    "Proposed banner for the FWCC Triennial in July 2000 in New
England:

<|>    "I propose that the various meetings and worship groups of SAYMA
contribute a photograph each (yes, only one) ...

<|>    "... to be color-copied for consideration as part of the banner,
and then returned to the meetings.

<|>    "Photos chosen should convey something of the life and local
tradition of our area (culture).

<|>    "Also to be used in the banner would be children's art from
Yearly Meeting 2000.

<|>    "The meetings could also help with piecing log cabin quilt frames
for the photocopies, which will be transferred to the fabric with
special transfer paper and an iron.

<|>    "Colors for the log cabin frames will be typical of our Southern
Appalachian mountains, and the flora and fauna of our region.

<|>    "Our banner would be compiled here in Asheville, and sent with
our two representatives (Kathy Burke, Atlanta, and Rachel Weir, Celo) to
New England.

<|>    "Another Yearly Meeting's banner would be brought back to us.

<|>    "Respectfully submitted, Barbara Esther, Asheville Monthly
Meeting"

<|>    Barbara Esther
255 Willow Cove Rd, Leicester NC 28748
besther at wbes.buncombe.k12.nc.us

~~~~~~~end ^o^ ~~~~~~

IMP ^o^ ... "Information Made Present"

is a bulletin service of the SAYMA office to provide practical details
to our geographically-challenged Yearly Meeting via our free
list-server:  semi-official information, bulletins that you can print,
post,
announce, publish, or pass around.  Please address questions,
corrections and additions to moriah at preferred.com,
540-628-5852 (machine), or SAYMA Admin. Asst., c/o 165 Jackson Street,
Abingdon, VA 24210.  Thank you!  ^o^ Mary Calhoun, AA