[saymaListserv] IMP^o^ 029 Ashev FM FWCC SecAmer Trav$

Mary Calhoun moriah at preferred.com
Sun May 14 13:25:52 JEST 2000

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IMP ^o^ Bulletin 029
Proposed Minute on
FWCC/Section of the Americas Travel Money
from Asheville (NC) Monthly Meeting
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(from a 11-29-99 message from Asheville Clerk Marcia Master)

        (AA's note:  this re-posting was requested at Spring '00 Rep
            Meeting; first posted 12-13-99.)

<|>  approved by Asheville Friends Meeting at November Meeting for
Business, 11-14-99

<|>  the Meeting asked for forwarding of the minute so it can be
considered by SAYMA and its Monthly Meetings.

"Asheville Friends Meeting, part of the Southern Appalachian Yearly
Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends, has a concern for annual
representation of Latin American Yearly Meetings to Friends World
Committee for Consultation (FWCC) at the Annual Meeting of the Section
of the Americas each March.  We have established a budget line, in
addition to our usual financial support of FWCC, for travel costs of
Latin American Yearly Meeting Representatives to attend the Annual
Meeting.  We call on other monthly meetings and yearly meetings to
consider a similar action to reduce inequities in financial resources
and distance between meetings North and South without compromising the
continuation of leadership training among Latin American Friends."

IMP ^o^ ... "Information Made Present"

is a bulletin service of the SAYMA office to provide practical details
to our geographically-challenged Yearly Meeting via our free
list-server:  semi-official information, bulletins that you can print,
post, announce, publish, or pass around.  Please address questions,
corrections and additions to moriah at preferred.com,
540-628-5852 (machine), or SAYMA Admin. Asst., c/o 165 Jackson Street,
Abingdon, VA 24210.  Thank you!  ^o^ Mary Calhoun, AA