'556 Re: [saymaListserv] seeing the List membership

Mary Calhoun moriah at preferred.com
Thu May 18 19:17:19 JEST 2000

Dear Janet,

I'll inquire further about the "reply setting" on the listserve
software.

I don't know for a fact that Joey made a choice here; it may have been
an oversight, or he may have left it for future decision by SAYMA.  If
it's a "default setting," which we don't know either, the software quite
possibly came out of the box that way, and may need only to be reset.

I'd agree that it's not convenient, or user-friendly to new e-mail
users, to have to insert sayma at kitenet.net on the copy-to line to keep
the conversation fully open.  But this requirement isn't quite the same
as managing (or "moderating") the discussion.  We're still free to do
the equivalent of standing and speaking to the whole meeting.  And there
might also be times when the choice -- between standing or whispering to
a neighbor -- would lead us to the wiser decision of saving unseasoned
remarks for later.

^o^
Mary Calhoun
Foxfire FM