[saymaListserv] IMP^o^ 065 I.S.P crash

Mary Calhoun moriah at preferred.com
Thu May 18 22:36:28 JEST 2000

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IMP ^o^ Bulletin 065
Office's Internet Service Provider
Suffers Hard Drive Crash
"un-answered e-mails" sought!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(from the Administrative Assistant)

<|>    On Monday, May 15th, the e-mail service provider (ISP) for the
SAYMA office had a hard drive crash, losing about 12 hours worth of
e-mail messages.

<|>    Service has been restored, but at least one Monday e-mail
addressed to the Administrative Assistant evaporated in the crash.

<|>    This was discovered this morning, when the "lost" message turned
up in a reply from a third party!

<|>    The guess is 2-6 messages lost.

<|>    If you sent or received a message --
                -- dated May 15
                -- including the address moriah at preferred.com
                -- which you think hasn't been answered yet .....

<|>    ..... the office would be grateful to have your forward(s)!

<|>    Thanks for your help!

~~~~~~~end ^o^ ~~~~~~

IMP ^o^ ... "Information Made Present"

is a bulletin service of the SAYMA office to provide practical details
to our geographically-challenged Yearly Meeting via our free
list-server:  semi-official information, bulletins that you can print,
post,
announce, publish, or pass around.  Please address questions,
corrections and additions to moriah at preferred.com,
540-628-5852 (machine), or SAYMA Admin. Asst., c/o 165 Jackson Street,
Abingdon, VA 24210.  Thank you!  ^o^ Mary Calhoun, AA