[saymaListserv] Fw: Beware of diabolical virus (CNN announced)

Mary Calhoun moriah at preferred.com
Wed Jun 20 16:16:51 JEST 2001

Dear Friends,

According to a link at the website http://urbanlegends.about.com
this warning is a hoax.  If you want to check the link yourself, you can
go to the Virus Hoaxes page of the Urban Legends site, click on

A to Z Listings of Virus Hoaxes

then click on

CIAC Internet Hoaxes.

The thing that sent me to Urban Legends was the absence of any warnings
from the antivirus company (Symantec) that serves the SAYMA office --
I've received no alerts via their e-mail newsletter, and there are no
alerts for these "viruses" at their service page.

For f/Friends concerned about safety from computer viruses, I'd like to
suggest the following --

-- install reliable antivirus software on your computer
-- update the virus definitions often, as advised by your software
company
-- avail yourself of whatever alerts the company offers, such as by
newsletter or website

^o^
Mary Calhoun
SAYMA AA