[saymaListserv] IMP^o^ 095 Rep Meeting, all welcome!

Mary Calhoun moriah at preferred.com
Fri Mar 16 15:35:08 JEST 2001

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IMP ^o^ Bulletin 095
All welcome at SAYMA Spring Rep Meeting
April 7th at Asheville (NC) Friends Meeting
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please share with your meeting ~

<|>  Registration packets for the April 7th Rep Meeting will be mailed
soon to f/Friends recorded in the SAYMA office as --
        -- clerks/contacts of meetings or worship groups
        -- SAYMA representatives
        -- clerks of SAYMA committees
        -- members of SAYMA Ministry & Nurture and
               Yearly Meeting Planning Committees
        -- SAYMA Clerks and Treasurer

<|>  Anyone not receiving a packet may contact their clerk, visit our
web-site www.sayma.org, or register on a form with other f/Friends.

<|>  If you're newly appointed to one of the jobs above, please tell the
SAYMA office your role and address.

<|>  Each meeting and worship group is encouraged to send a
Representative.  These f/Friends are important channels of two-way
communication between SAYMA and local meetings.

<|>  Any f/Friend may attend and participate; those gathered represent
the Yearly Meeting.  (Attending without "official" duties can be a
delightful chance for fellowship and taking part in Quaker process.)

<|>  "Representative Meeting carries out the ongoing work of the yearly
meeting and acts in the name of the yearly meeting between sessions."
(A Guide to Our Faith and Our Practice)

<|>  "Our name ... in traditional Quaker language indicates that we meet
annually to conduct our business.  The yearly meeting, however, is a
cooperative association and exercises no authority, other than moral and
advisory, over any local meeting or individual Friend."  (Faith and
Practice)

<|>  Presently, SAYMA is comprised of about 30 meetings and worship
groups, ranging in size from under 6 to over 300 members and attenders.

<|>  Yearly Meeting gathering will take place June 7-10, 2001, at Warren
Wilson College in Swannanoa, NC.

<|>   Fall Rep Meeting is scheduled for September 8, Winter Rep Meeting
for December 1, and the next year's Spring Rep Meeting for April 6,
2002.

~~~~~ end ^o^ ~~~~~ postdate 031601~~~~~

IMP ^o^ ... "Information Made Present"

is a bulletin service of the SAYMA office to provide practical details
to our geographically-challenged Yearly Meeting via our free
list-server:  semi-official information, bulletins that you can print,
post, announce, publish, or pass around.  Please address questions,
corrections and additions to AdminAsst at sayma.org,
540-628-5852 (machine), or SAYMA Admin. Asst., c/o 165 Jackson
Street, Abingdon, VA 24210.  Thank you!  ^o^ Mary Calhoun, AA