[saymaListserv] A historical analysis of the current crisis

Taimi Olsen tolsen at tusculum.edu
Fri Oct 12 14:34:19 JEST 2001

I appreciated Larry's message.  I was just talking with colleagues about the
bombing campaign (one of whom is from France and mentioned that her parents see
US planes flying overhead constantly).  It's helpful to hear peace perspectives
and to be reminded of historical and world contexts.

Larry and I both teach, which reminded me of a question.  Has anyone--either
through Meeting or campus groups--tried to do a peace teach-in?  And if so, what
was tried and with what success?  Also, I've pasted in a message (see below)
which I received from NC Friends.  It gives the link to a new Quaker Peace Site
by Chuck Fager.

Taimi Olsen
Foxfire Friends Meeting (Johnson City)