[saymaListserv] C.O. status

Nancy M. Whitt nmwhitt at samford.edu
Tue Oct 16 12:15:09 JEST 2001

A colleague at Samford sent this question to me.  Any
appreciated. N.

Now here's my "etc."  How do Friends respond to the
18-year-old Selective Service registration, if that's what
it's called?  Are there options given (conscientious
objection, non-combattant) or is it just a sign-in?  Could
you point me to some information on this?  Walker will be
18 in January and my heart is sick, especially with
everythng that's going on and who's in charge.

Nancy M. Whitt
Professor of English
Chair, Department of English
Samford University