[saymaListserv] aa>> Invitation to submit FGC workshop proposal

Mary Calhoun moriah at preferred.com
Tue Apr 16 21:02:10 JEST 2002

The SAYMA office has received --

---
Invitation to submit workshop proposals
---
from Barbara Luetke-Stahlman
co-clerk, 2003 Gathering Workshop Committee
---
FGC Gathering:  Johnston, PA -- week ending 7-5-03
---
Proposal are due by about Labor Day, 2002.

(from a message from Barbara Leutke-Stahlman)

April 14, 2002

Dear Friends,

Workshops are the heart of the Gathering! As co-clerk of the 2003
Gathering Workshop Committee (to be held in Johnston, PA, about three
hours from Pittsburgh) I ask you or someone in your
group/organization/committee to consider sponsoring/submitting a
workshop proposal by early September.

One does not need to be a seasoned presenter to facilitate an
interactive and satisfying workshop that is planned and offered in the
manner of Friends.  People of color and AYFs are especially encouraged
to submit. First timers and co-leaders are encouraged.

Topics for which we especially welcome proposals include:

    Basic Quakerism for those who are new to the Gathering or to Friends
    Clerking
    Pastoral Care
    Interactive economics sessions
    Peace
    Knitting (sewing, or quilting) in Quiet (participatory arts)
    Walking and Worship (modeled after the current biking workshops)
    Simplicity
    Equality
    Environmental Care
    For Gays and Lesbians (e.g., Love makes a family)
    Your Money or Your Life
    Decision-Making Issues for Older Friends
    For People of Color

See the FGC website (www.fgcquaker.org) for the Workshop Form by May,
2002. Proposal are due by about Labor Day, 2002.

I'd be pleased to assist you or your group as you develop your ideas.
Please contact me at barbls at nc.rr.com.

You can also help ensure a good selection of workshop proposals by
placing this announcement in your MM newsletter, talking to Friends you
feel could lead a good workshop, and facilitating the leadings of
Friends who are new to this process and need your encouragement and
guidance.

Thank you.

Barbara Luetke-Stahlman
barbls at nc.rr.com