[saymaListserv] SAYF Retreats

David Kennedy dlkennedy at kih.net
Wed Feb 13 16:10:56 JEST 2002

Dear Friends,

The Southern Appalachian Young Friends (SAYF) Steering Committee is
meeting on the weekend of February 23,2002. One of the things on our
agenda is to plan our calendar for SAYF retreats for next year. We are
wondering if there are meetings in SAYMA who have few or no SAYFers and
who don't usually host a retreat but would like to do so. It could be a
good way to learn about SAYF and our retreats.

The  host Meeting would not need to plan the weekend, we will pick a
theme and work out activities and an agenda. However, the host Meeting
would be in charge of 'logistics'. Specifically, buying groceries and
planning a menu, working with us to figure out sleeping arrangements
etc. It would also be good to have someone(s) from your Meeting at the
retreat all weekend in case of emergency. The usual time for SAYF
retreats is from Friday evening until noon-ish on Sunday. Possible
months for hosting a retreat are November, 2002; January, 2003; March,
2003 or April, 2003.

If you have questions please feel free to contact myself or either of
the SAYF Steering Committee co-clerks: Margaret Farmer
			      sporos27 at yahoo.com
			      828-298-5961

			      Kathleen Mavournin
			      kmavournin at aol.com
			      865-691-9506

If you know this is something your Meeting would like to do, please
respond to me at any of the ways listed below before February 23.

Many Thanks.

In Peace,
Therese Hildebrand
260 Radford Hollow Rd