[saymaListserv] Government

Kim Carlyle kcarlyle at juno.com
Thu Jun 13 16:12:43 JEST 2002

Are there any SAYMA Friends with a concern about any aspect of our
government?

Do Friends have anything to say about it?

"What canst thou say, Friend, of our testimony on government?"
is the theme of the next issue of the Southern Appalachian Friend. See
SAYMA Faith & Practice pp 34-5. Submit your thoughts now and avoid the
rush. (Submission due date: 07/10/2002).

But don't be limited by the theme. We'll accept all original articles,
poems, humor, news items, whatever. (There are still some monthly
meetings who have not yet sent a "Getting to Know You" article.) Please
send to  SAFeditor at sayma.org

"The power and dominion of the conscience are the province of God, [who]
alone can properly instruct and govern it. No one whatsoever may lawfully
force the conscience of others regardless of the authority or office he
[or she] bears in the government of this world" --Robert Barclay, Apology
(1676)