[saymaListserv] Fw: The Lollapalooza of the Left

Mary Calhoun moriah at preferred.com
Mon Mar 25 09:32:36 JEST 2002

Something to grin about? -- and in Texas, no less!!

". . .   Hightower admitted that he worried about whether he would prove
right one of the best lines of Oklahoma populist Fred Harris: 'You can't
have a mass movement without the masses.'  But the organizers needn't
have worried. The masses were ready for this movement.  . . .  close to
7,000 rebels against the consensus  . . .   If there was a theme for the
day, it may well have been that dissent is back in fashion.    . . .
game booths allowed kids to toss a ball and knock down a nuclear
missile. Workshops took on everything from radioactive waste to
genetically-modified food. . . . "  (The Nation article by John Nichols)

In Atlanta in May -- website says ticket price is $5/adult.

Mary Calhoun
Foxfire FM