[saymaListserv] Invitation - Foxfire meetinghouse dedication

Mary Calhoun moriah at preferred.com
Sun Oct 6 06:22:45 JEST 2002

Foxfire Friends Meeting of the Holston Valley
731 East Maple Street
Johnson City, TN 37610

Dear Friend,

        Please join us October 27, 2002, for the dedication of our
meetinghouse.  We will also be celebrating the fifth anniversary of our
becoming a monthly meeting and honoring those who have become members of
our meeting.

        We will begin our meeting for worship at 11:00 am (instead of
our usual 10:00 am) on October 27th to allow for travel time for those
coming from a distance.  (Note that this is the first day of Standard
Time.)  The meeting will be followed by a light meal; childcare will be
provided.  The meetinghouse is handicapped accessible.

        Please let us know as soon as you can if you plan to come, for
we will need to make arrangements for food, childcare and seating.  We
hope that you will be able to participate either by joining us here or
in your thoughts.

Peace,

Foxfire Friends Meeting
    of the Holston Valley

Please send RSVPs by October 15 to:
Mary Calhoun, Co-Clerk,
165 Jackson Street, Abingdon VA 24210
276-628-5852     moriah at preferred.com

Directions:

If you come via I-81, take exit I-181 going South.

Take Exit 31 (Milligan College), keeping to the right as the ramp forks.
Turn right.  At the light will be the exit ramp for those coming North
on I-181**.  Almost as soon as you enter the Elizabethton Highway, you
exit on the right.

This time, keep to the left of the exit ramp and turn left onto a
divided highway, being careful to avoid the concrete median.  (This is
Milligan Highway, but you're not told this until you leave it.)  Keep in
the left lane, and get into the left turn lane at the four-way stop
sign.

Turn left onto King Springs Road.  Pass a little church on the right, go
over the railroad, and at the four-way stop sign look to the left for
the Foxfire sign.

Turn left onto East Maple.  The next left is the dead-end street where
most of us park.  The driveway is reserved for handicapped parking.

If coming from the direction of North Carolina, the directions are
almost identical.  Take Exit 31 and almost immediately exit again (see
the **asterisks above).

The meetinghouse has no phone, so if you need to get in touch with us at
the last minute, call one of these cell phones:   Edie Patrick
423-726-1728, Laurie Waber 276-608-3902

(FYI -- Milligan Highway, at the corner where you turn off it, becomes
Legion Street; at the corner where our meetinghouse is, King Spring Road
becomes East Highland.  Both possible sources of confusion.)