[saymaListserv] Men's, women's and FLGC centers at yearly meeting sessions

Penelope Wright pennywright at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 27 16:26:30 JEST 2003

Greetings SAYMA Friends,
I write to you as Adult Program Coordinator for our yearly meeting sessions to be held June 5-8, 2003 at Warren Wilson College, Swannanoa, NC. It has long been our custom to have various centers where like-minded Friends can join in worship and friendship. There has been little formal organization for these centers over the years. In fact, sometimes the centers have spontaneously formed. But it makes for smoother planning for time and space if these centers can be intentionally planned. In an effort to bring about this intentional organization, this year the Adult Program will be taking these centers under its care. Thus I seek to hear from you concerning two items:
    A. Is there need for:
            - a men's center
            - a women's center
            - a center for FLGC
            - other centers?
    B. Are there Friends who are led to come forward as convenors of these centers? Details of what the duties of a convenor entail will be provided by me upon request.

Please email me directly at pennywright at earthlink.net  or call 615-298-1385 as soon as possible with your responses so the committee can include this information in our planning and the final schedule. Please note that I will be out of town March 6-11.

Even if you are not personally led to respond to this request, would you be so kind as to print this out and announce it at your meeting's next worship?
In Peace,
Penelope Wright