[saymaListserv] Thomas Friedman Op/Ed piece on Iraq

bright_crow at mindspring.com bright_crow at mindspring.com
Thu May 1 15:54:55 JEST 2003

Friends,

Janet Minshall wrote:

>>Thanks for forwarding the Tom Friedman piece.  SAYMA Friends might be interested in his point of view.... You may not enjoy or agree with what he has to say, but it is important to know what he has to say.  Many Friends need an entry into the other political and economic realities (sets of truths) which are different from those held by most Friends, and Tom Friedman's writing is a good entry point.<<

I frequently disagree with Friedman's conclusions, particularly when he advocates use of force as a solution.

However, he is one of the very few popular commentators who is willing... in fact, determined... to educate the American public on important religious, cultural, historical and political matters in the Middle East which they seem equally determined to trivialize and ignore.

That's why I think it's important to read him and to share his writings.

Thanks, Janet, for your comment,
Michael.