[saymaListserv] Replying to Sayma List Messages made easier

free polazzo freepolazzo at comcast.net
Sun Nov 23 15:11:13 JEST 2003

Dear Janet

I appreciated your update on the population issue.   Not often discussed in
"polite" company.
I also agree that SAYMA's list seems to only have a few messages that are
responding to someone's concerns, even though I, too get individual replies
to my messages.   The reason may be that the way the List is managed causes
the difficulty.

When I hit "reply"on an e-mail from <SaymaListserv> the e-mail address that
populates the "To: " field in my newly created e-mail is the senders
address, not SAYMA's.   In my experience all the other lists I am part of
put the name of the list server on the "To" line, when I respond with the
"reply" button on my e-mail.

That may be why it is so difficult to have a "discussion" on this
list.   Perhaps the person who manages the list could change the options on
the list so that SaymaListserv goes into the "To" field so that we can more
easily converse with all of us who signed up on the list.

Free