[saymaListserv] West Knoxville Hosts Susan Carlyle for Earth Charter Discussion

Larry Osborne losborne at cn.edu
Tue Feb 3 14:43:14 JEST 2004

West Knoxville Hosts Susan Carlyle for Earth Charter Discussion

Susan Carlyle of New Moon Worship Group near Asheville will lead a
second hour discussion about the Earth Charter on Feb. 15.  We will
combine aspects of the second hour with our regular monthly pot luck.
Friends throughout SAYMA are invited to join us for this time of
worship, learning, and planning for action.

The Earth Charter is an important U.N. related document that spells out
the kind of right relationship humans need to adopt with the whole Earth
community.  Its concerns relate profoundly to the strivings for peace
and justice Friends have manifested in our 350 year history.  Friends
who study and reflect on the Earth Charter may be led to make positive
changes in our personal and meeting lifestyles that are more deeply
satisfying and contribute to a more peaceable world.  Read more about it
at http://www.earthcharterusa.org/.

Susan Carlyle is active in SAYMA and FGC in matters related to Earth
peace.  Please make plans to attend this informative opportunity.

Larry Osborne
West Knoxville Friends Meeting