[saymaListserv] A curious solicitation

Vmbra at aol.com Vmbra at aol.com
Wed Feb 25 23:11:24 JEST 2004

I received a letter from a person who says he is a Ugandan student in need of
money to complete his education.  It had a Ugandan stamp and postmark, and
was addressed in a different hand than the letter (both appeared to be hand
written).  I don't know anyone in Uganda, and I am assuming someone is working a
mail list.  I have no way of knowing whether this is a genuine request or a
scam but I strongly suspect the latter.  The writer admits I don't know him, but
does not disclose just how he came across my address in Kampala.  On the off
chance that this is a Friends mailing list, I thought I'd ask if others have
received similar messages.

Thanks,

Charles Schade
Charleston WV