[saymaListserv] Summer '04 opportunity (age 20-26)

Mary Calhoun moriah at preferred.com
Wed Jan 7 16:44:42 JEST 2004

Below are an [1] e-mail and [2] attachment that were received at the SAYMA office.  Closing date for receipt of applications is March 15, 2004.

^o^
 \_/
Mary
AdminAsst at sayma.org
276-628-5852
POB 2191, Abingdon VA 24212-2191

[1]

Dear Friends,

Please can you pass this information on the Geneva Summer School
to any young person (age 20 - 26) in your Yearly Meeting who may be
interested in attending.

There is some financial assistance available.

Thank you,
Helen Bradford

[2]

Dear Friend,

I am writing in connection with our annual Summer School on the United Nations, which we run in early July in Geneva.  I wonder if I could ask if you might advertise it? I have provided a description below.  Thank you.

Best wishes

Helen Bradford

QUAKER UNITED NATIONS SUMMER SCHOOL 4th to 16th  JULY 2004, GENEVA

The annual Quaker United Nations Summer School in Geneva provides an opportunity for twenty five young people between 20 and 26 years of age to meet together to study the work of the United Nations at first hand as seen through the programmes of QUNO - the Quaker United Nations Office in Geneva.

QUNO works on disarmament and peace, human rights and refugees, and trade and development. During Summer School there will be talks by staff of the UN, non-governmental organisations and diplomatic missions, as well as informal discussion sessions and visits to the UN itself.

The participation fee for the summer school is 350, which goes towards the costs of accommodation, programme and meals. Travel costs to Geneva and spending money are not included. No formal qualifications are necessary. However an active interest in international affairs is needed, as well as the desire to share understanding with others.

Application forms are available from Helen Bradford, Quaker Peace & Social Witness (QUNSS), Friends House, 173-177 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BJ, UK.
Or via e-mail: helenb at quaker.org.uk

CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS IS 15th MARCH 2004