[saymaListserv] FWD: Rep. Sanders Launches New Webpage Dedicated to Civil Liberties

Mike Shell bright_crow at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 28 09:13:30 JEST 2004

Rep. Sanders Launches New Webpage Dedicated to Civil Liberties

 Dear Friends:

 I wanted to share with you a new webpage that Rep. Bernie Sanders has
 launched dedicated to civil liberties and in particular the Freedom to
Read
 Protection Act, legislation which would amend Section 215 of the USA
Patriot
 Act.  Section 215 allows the FBI, after showing minimal justification,
 search a library or bookstore for "any tangible things" including
library
 circulation records, book purchasing lists, computers with hard
drives,
 Internet use records, and registration information stored in any
medium.
 This site includes up to date information on the Freedom to Read
Protection
 Act, as well as press releases/statements, links to organizations
working to
 protect civil liberties, articles, and reports and other documents on
the
 USA Patriot Act.  As the campaign to amend Section 215 and other
sections of
 the USA Patriot Act continues here in Congress, our office will keep
this
 page updated with the latest information on the Freedom to Read
Protection
 Act and other pro-civil liberties initiatives.  Please feel free to
share
 this information with other friends or members of your organizations
that
 may be interested in this new webpage.

 The webpage can be found at
 http://bernie.house.gov/civil_liberties/index.asp