[saymaListserv] Why Mother's Day was started: 'In the Name of Womanhood and Humanity...'

Daryl Bergquist earthsteward at urisp.net
Fri May 7 10:00:43 JEST 2004

Free's posting on Mothers Day brings to mind the picture on the back
cover of  May issue of  Readers Digest.  It is a painting of  a US
soldier, presumedly in Iraq, with machine gun across her lap receiving a
Mothers Day card from home. Mothers are fighting this war!  Very
powerful picture.  Judith from our worship group brought a poster of  it
to our mothly Prayer Vigil for Peace held on the steps of the Blount
County courthouse.

Daryl Bergquist, Royal Worship Group