[saymaListserv] Note that the "sweat lodge" is actually the "Quaker Sweat Lodge Experience"

free polazzo freepolazzo at comcast.net
Sun Oct 3 21:09:01 JEST 2004

Steve,

I did not say that nobody who was at a workshop wasn't consulted.   Some on
LRCP might have been in one of the Quaker Sweat Lodges.  I don't know all
the names of either group.  I know that the workshop leaders were not
present when the decision to withdraw was made.

What I did say was that the people that were calling this racist were not
people who have experienced the Quaker Sweat Lodge.

I also said, pretty much,  is it possible that the thousands of Quakers
(mostly teenagers, including some from minority cultures,  who experienced
the Quaker Sweat Lodge all be so racist that nobody noticed (including the
Native Americans who led/attended the Quaker Sweat Lodge) it was racist or
called them on it?   How could it wasn't until someone who had only read
the workshop description was able to declare on that the workshop was
blatantly racist?

I smell ulterior motives and hidden agendas.    Just MHO.

Free