[saymaListserv] Re: [afmdiscussion] 2005 FGC Gathering

free polazzo freepolazzo at comcast.net
Thu Apr 21 15:07:43 JEST 2005

Hi Ceal,

Atlanta Freinds Meeting approved marrying any 2 people, regardless of
sexual orientation. Do you think that upsets anyone in Atlanta, GA or the USA?

Most all my neighbors are upset that I have a "War is Not the Answer" sign
in my yard  (some even rip them up and others take them away - 15 so
far).  Should I decide not to declare myself against war because they are
upset about the signs?

SAYMA Friends don't believe in having a hired Priest (or Minister or Rabbi
or Shaman or Iman for that matter.)   That must upset some of the groups
that believe that you need someone who was "ordained" to lead religious
services.    Should we hire a minister so that people won't be offended?

I'm sure you could add to this list.  They don't call Friends the "Peculiar
People" for nothing.

If Friends start following the "niceness" Testimony, what are we to do with
our Testimonies on Equality, Truth, Peace and Simplicity and Community?

I don't think anyone wanted to offend any Native Americans.    As you know,
there are very few groups of humans where all the members of that group
agree on how to worship and how big to make the circle.    Friends who were
following the leading of the Spirit.

The issue is this:  "Can Friends General Conference's Long Range Planning
Committee close a door to the Spirit for some, at the FGC Gathering,
because others think it's the "Wrong" door?

Blessings,

Free