[saymaListserv] Cookeville School Board meeting

free polazzo freepolazzo at comcast.net
Mon Feb 7 14:23:49 JEST 2005

Dear Friends,

Susan Sarandon was on CSPAN this AM and the question of people in Hollywood
doing "political" stuff was raised.  Her answer is worth posting:  She said:

Whenever you support the status quo, that is not considered political.
When you support something that could change the status quo, that is
considered political.

Susan has done much work on ending the death penalty (even before "Dead Man
Walking") and has had to deal with charges of doing "political" work and
not minding her own business.

Very astute answer, I thought.

It seems that how the arguments are framed often determines who gets heard.

Free