[saymaListserv] IMP^o^ 178 Rep Meeting, all welcome!

Mary Calhoun moriah at preferred.com
Wed Feb 16 14:38:07 JEST 2005

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IMP ^o^ Bulletin 178
All welcome...
... at SAYMA's Rep Meetings
Next one: April 2 at West Knoxville FM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please share with your meeting ~

<|>  Spring Representative Meeting will be held Saturday, April 2, at 10:00 am Eastern time, hosted by the West Knoxville (TN) Friends Meeting.

<|>  Any f/Friend may attend and participate; those gathered represent the Yearly Meeting.  (Attending without "official" duties can be a delightful chance for fellowship and taking part in Quaker process.)

<|>  "Representative Meeting carries out the ongoing work of the yearly meeting and acts in the name of the yearly meeting between sessions."  (A Guide to Our Faith and Our Practice)

<|>  Each meeting and worship group is encouraged to send a Representative.  These f/Friends are important channels of two-way communication between SAYMA and local meetings.

<|>  SAYMA "... is organized ... to provide fellowship and a central coordinating group of Friends ... through which individuals and Monthly Meetings are nurtured, and whereby inspiration, spiritual revitalization, ...exchange of ideas, ...and coordination of spiritual/religious efforts may be accomplished."  ("...Articles of SAYMA," an "approved operating description for ... legal and other purposes.")

<|>  Presently, SAYMA is comprised of about 30 meetings and worship groups (ranging in size from around a dozen to over 300 members and attenders).  About half of these groups count themselves as "up-to-50" f/Friends.

<|>  "Our name ... in traditional Quaker language indicates that we meet annually to conduct our business.  The yearly meeting, however, is a cooperative association and exercises no authority, other than moral and advisory, over any local meeting or individual Friend."  (Faith and Practice)

<|>  Registration packets will be mailed soon to f/Friends recorded in the
SAYMA office as
    -- Clerks/contacts for their meetings or worship groups
    -- SAYMA representatives from meetings & worship groups
    -- clerks & members of SAYMA committees
    -- SAYMA's representatives to wider Quaker organizations
    -- SAYMA Clerks and Treasurer
    -- SAYMA archivist & web manager, & SAF editors
    -- SAYF administrative assistant

<|>  If you're newly-appointed to one of these roles, please inform the SAYMA office & send your contact information.

<|>  Others wishing to attend may -- soon --  contact a f/Friend in one of the above roles or visit www.sayma.org

~~~~~~ end ^o^~~~~~~ postdate 021605 ~~~~~~

IMP ^o^... "Information Made Present"

is a bulletin service of the SAYMA office to provide practical details
to our geographically-challenged Yearly Meeting via our free
list-server:  semi-official information, bulletins that you can print,
post, announce, publish, or pass around.  Please address questions,
corrections and additions to AdminAsst at sayma.org, or
276-628-5852 (machine; in-person Tu/Th 5-7:30p).
Thank you!  ^o^